Senior Controller - Northern Europe
To sustain the development of the Northern Europe region, the finance department is looking for a Snr Controller covering the activities in Belgium, Luxemburg and UK.
Reporting to Northern Europe CFO, the scope of your responsibilities can be split into two pillars.
- You will be the operational partner following the performance of the projects with focus on the whole revenue cycle.
- You will supervise the General Accounting activities ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the bookings translated into monthly KPI’s.
You will work in an international environment and will improve the financial and performance management process (procedures, people and IT tools/applications). You will coach the finance teams based in London and Brussels (Strombeek-Bever) when needed.
- Your focus on the revenues cycle can be described as follows:
- In close relation with the sales teams, review of the completeness and accuracy of the CRM tool
- Timesheets & projects reviews
- Supervision of the monthly invoicing phase ensuring its smooth process
- Implementation of monthly accounting batches for the invoicing bookings
- In close relationship with the project managers, you will follow the profitability of the client projects and you will address recommendations to avoid financial risks
- Managing the provisions related to the projects (including work-in-progress)
- Preparation of the sales and revenues analysis for the monthly business reviews
- Rolling-forecast approach
- Ageing list review & cash collection optimization + analysis of the impacts on the treasury cycle
- Sustaining on a financial perspective the growth in Northern Europe by suggesting new standardized tools/processes for facilitating the internal communication about client projects.
You create a working environment allowing you to act as a partner of the accounting profiles. You show a real ability to act as a coach. These support activities can be summarized as follows:
- Leading the monthly balance sheet review performed by the accountants, including the intercompany process
- Advising the accountants about more complex bookings (currencies, provisions, WIP, …)
- Overheads allocation review
- Payroll bookings review (including related provisions)
- Ensuring the internal controls systematization (purchase reviews, payment lists, expenses)
- Support in the Group and Statutory reportings
- Annual Audits preparation
- Able to prepare and comment KPI’s and variances analysis (analytical reviews)
- Supporting the team in the planning cycles (forecasting & budgeting)
- You feel comfortable to ensure the back-up of the finance team when required
- The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of relevant experience of which at least 3 years in Auditing and ideally combined with a Business/Finance controlling experience.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team-player as well as autonomously.
- An interest and affinity in technology to improve the financial reporting
- Strong affinity with accounting
- Knowledge of BE GAAP/IFRS
- Able to anticipate the risks on a financial perspective
- Excellent use of Excel is a MUST
- You feel comfortable with the operational side of the function
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Coaching skills (4 people)
- He/she is curious and ambitious.
- Able to anticipate
- Focus on priorities
- Languages : fluent use of English, Dutch or French (preferably all 3)
- Some travelling may be required (2-3 days a month)
What we offer
You will receive a training budget to support and sustain your skills and an attractive salary package including a company car and other benefits.
You will be part of a bigger data science community within Keyrus.
Who we are
Keyrus is dedicated to helping enterprises take advantage of the Data and Digital paradigm to enhance their performance, facilitating and accelerating their transformation, and generating new drivers of growth, competitiveness, and sustainability.
Keyrus in Belgium employs 200 highly skilled consultants and is part of the international Keyrus Group, an international player in consulting and technologies and a specialist in Data and Digital. Created in 1996, listed on Euronext's Eurolist, with consolidated revenues of €257m in 2017 and with more than 2700 employees in 16 countries, the Keyrus Group offers the performance, solidity and know-how of a large professional services organization, whilst preserving the agility of a young company.
For more information, visit our website: www.keyrus.be