Data Scientist - Brussels
As a Data Scientist, you will need a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as programming experience to be able to analyse large data sets of information with the appropriate tools and techniques in order to deliver insightful and actionable information in an impactful manner.
Your main mission will consist of working with our customers and understanding their business context.
This unique role will engage you with the business by addressing strategic and tactical questions through the use of data mining and data visualization techniques, including pattern detection, graph analysis or statistical analysis. You’ll be challenged to propose innovative ways of addressing problems with alternative options and creative and workable solutions. You will also use the new visualisation tools to present your validated findings in a clear and precise manner to non-technical people.
You will be exposed to different sectors and company functions. You will work most of the time at client sites in Belgium.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research or any related field
- Passionate about data and/or statistical analysis, with mathematics and causal modeling skills
- Strong programming skills such as Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and tools (SAS, R, Matlab...), SQL and data mining is required
- Knowledge of machine learning, Hadoop or other Big Data frameworks is a plus
- At ease in manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: you have the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Strong analytical competencies and excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Data Visualisation (knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting & Analysis tools)
- Overall knowledge of Business Intelligence is an asset
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French and English
What we offer
Keyrus offers a working environment that attracts the best people working in our sector
You will be given support and advice by the senior members of the sales team as well as receiving personalised coaching from a sales method consultant.
You will work in close relationship with the sales and the different business managers. Keyrus offers a working environment that allows a freedom to act but also a support network that will help you to become self-propelled with a disciplined and goal-oriented approach.
Who we are
Keyrus, creator of value in the era of Data and Digital.
Keyrus is dedicated to helping enterprises take advantage of the Data and Digital paradigm to enhance their performance, facilitating and accelerating their transformation, and generating new drivers of growth, competitiveness, and sustainability.
Keyrus in Belgium employs 200 highly skilled consultants and is part of the international Keyrus Group, an international player in consulting and technologies and a specialist in Data and Digital. Created in 1996, listed on Euronext's Eurolist, with consolidated revenues of €273m in 2018 and with more than 3200 employees in 20 countries, the Keyrus Group offers the performance, solidity and know-how of a large professional services organization, whilst preserving the agility of a young company.
For more information, visit our website: www.keyrus.be